Monday, June 23, 2008

Bite-Size Life Lessons

This is a great little book for both young readers and old. It was a gift to my daughter from her Aunt. Even thought my little one is only 2 1/2 years old she can relate to a story about cookies, she identifies with the page on being PATIENT it means "...waiting and waiting for the cookies to be done..." if I ask her to be patient she reminds me "like the cookies" I am identifying with the meaning of Pessimistic VS Optimistic. Pessimistic means "How awful, how absolutely dreadful-I have only half my cookie left." VS Optimistic means "This is great- I still have half my cookie left."
So how is your Cookie today?

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have decided to be...... Optimistic! because I spent the first half of the morning being mad about my small cookie but I work thought it and guess what! I have a whole half left:)

Sissy said...

I love this book! Obviously!

Heather said...

Julie-this is Heather from Downright Delish. I think that the Pasta Salad, Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Tuna Casserole, Skillet Lasagna and Sweet Pork Dinner would all be great meals to have. They all keep really well. The Sweet Pork is more work, but maily crock pot and you can just bring tortillas, cheese, lettuce, salsa and whatever rice to simplify. Good luck and let me know how they turn out for you. What a nice thing for you to do for those families, I know they will appreciate it.

Sissy said...

Julie I just read Purpilicious and was very disapointed. The whole story is a downer:(

Julie said...

Bummer, I guess some authors arnet so great at a "series" as other;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...