Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hungry Girl's Miracle Mashies

82 Calories

So I made these today for Thanksgiving. I wanted to make them ahead of time
so I could enjoy the day. They are AMAZING!!! I would honestly prefer these to
regular mashed potatoes. They are a must try and are going to be a frequent
visitor to my dinner table.
















5 servings

Per Serving (2/3 cup) 82 calories, 1g fat, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein

Ingredients:
1 large (About 13 oz) potato
3 cups cauliflower florets
3 tbsp fat-free half-half ( I found it at safeway)
1 tbsp light whipped butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel and cube the potato.

Once water is boiling, add potato cubes and cauliflower. Boil on medium for 15-20 minutes until both potatoes and cauliflower are VERY tender.

Remove the pot from heat and strain out all of the water. Transfer contents to a large mixing bowl. Add half and half, butter, salt, and pepper. I used a blender instead of a potato masher to make creamy.

ENJOY!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...