Thursday, June 24, 2010

French Silk Pie

No, this is not the one you buy in the freezer section at the grocery store. This is a home made version and it is wonderful and easy!!


















Ingredients:
9" Pie crust cooled
5 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
3/4 cup butter (not margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
Whipped cream (topping)
Chocolate Curls (optional)

Cook pie crust and cool.




Melt 5 squares of chocolate on stove or in microwave and let cool. Cream butter and slowly add sugar. Blend til light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla. Add 1 egg a blend on medium for 5 five minutes, add second egg, blend five minutes, finally add third egg and blend again for 5 minutes. Pour continents into pie crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls. ENJOY!

Apparently my husband liked the pie so much it never made it to a plate!

2 comments:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

thanks for your nice comment on by blog! I drop by your blog when I am searching for fun things to make also! (I am going to ask one of my girls to make me that chocolat pie for sure!)all my best.

Christa said...

That looks yummy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...